Skip to content

Reply To: Contact angle in Shan-Chen multi component model

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Contact angle in Shan-Chen multi component model Reply To: Contact angle in Shan-Chen multi component model

savis
Participant

Dear Simon,

I have taken a look at the paper and I think I have some idea of how this can be implemented. Unfortunately it isn’t particularly easy.

There are several Shan-Chen lattice couplings (such as ShanChenForcedGenerator2D, for which the force is calculated here), however these all only include the fluid-fluid interactions and they will need to be edited to allow fluid-solid interactions.
Firstly, one (or two) new G interaction parameters need to be provided for the solid interaction.
Secondly, the extra contributions to the force need to be evaluated (similar to lines 133/134 in the linked code).
Finally, the extra terms would need to be included in the calculation of the force (lines 148/150).

For the extra contribution to the force an indicator for the solid boundary is needed. However I am not sure how this could be accessed within the lattice coupling (I believe you need the superGeometry). If anyone else has any idea about how to do this that would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
Sam