Skip to content

Reply To: Turbulence in closed space

jdm
Participant

Hi both,

Thanks to your help I have been able to solve a couple of issues. The geometry is now correct, and the cylinder used as the inlet is created at the right position.
I also changed the reference length of simulation geometry (charPhysLength is set to 0.01) as my StL file is in cm and not m.

However, running the simulation with the cylinder as an inlet now raises a seg fault.
it is raised during the setBoundaryValues function, when trying to set:

lattice.iniEquilibrium( superGeometry, 3, rhoF, uSol );

here is the seg fault if needed:

#6  0x00007ff2e04da070 in olb::Dynamics<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> >::iniEquilibrium(olb::Cell<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> >&, double, double const*) () from /home/jdm/git/closed_space/build/libclosed_space.so
#7  0x00007ff2e062aa76 in olb::BlockLatticeStructure3D<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> >::iniEquilibrium(olb::BlockIndicatorF3D<double>&, olb::AnalyticalF3D<double, double>&, olb::AnalyticalF3D<double, double>&) () from /home/jdm/git/closed_space/build/libclosed_space.so
#8  0x00007ff2e04e264a in olb::SuperLattice3D<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> >::iniEquilibrium(olb::FunctorPtr<olb::SuperIndicatorF3D<double> >&&, olb::AnalyticalF3D<double, double>&, olb::AnalyticalF3D<double, double>&) () from /home/jdm/git/closed_space/build/libclosed_space.so
#9  0x00007ff2e04e3d98 in olb::SuperLattice3D<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> >::iniEquilibrium(olb::SuperGeometry3D<double>&, int, olb::AnalyticalF3D<double, double>&, olb::AnalyticalF3D<double, double>&) () from /home/jdm/git/closed_space/build/libclosed_space.so
#10 0x00007ff2e0499fcd in openlb_sim::setBoundaryValues(olb::UnitConverter<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> > const&, olb::SuperLattice3D<double, olb::descriptors::D3Q19<> >&, olb::SuperGeometry3D<double>&, int) () from /home/jdm/git/closed_space/build/libclosed_space.so
d

Both “prepare geometry” and “prepare Lattice” return OK before the seg fault.
Parameters are taken from the nozzle3d examples, and weren’t raising a seg fault before (when the diffusion of the inlet was happening in the inside of the sphere).
Changing the charPhysLength and stlReader back to 1 (so in meter) doesn’t have an impact.
As said at the begining of this post, the cylinder used as the inlet is correctly placed in front of the sphere. I tried to place it further away, at mid distance between the sphere and the wall as shown in the figure, with similar results.
(in this figure, the cylinder used as inlet is displayed with a material set as 0 instead of 3 only for visualisation purpose)

Screenshot-from-2020-11-16-18-30-19

Does anybody has an idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks again for your help,
jdm