Skip to content

Reply To: Accessing a non-local Cell value in parallel mode

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Accessing a non-local Cell value in parallel mode Reply To: Accessing a non-local Cell value in parallel mode

ramirofreile
Participant

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your reply.
I am working in the 1.4 version, mainly because I have several custom functions for my problem already in the 1.4 format, which would require some adaptation to the new version.

I have a thermal turbulent application, and I was looking for a periodic BC in the first portion of my domain, so that the flow develops. Basically a periodic BC between the pipe inlet and a pipe slice of the domain at a certain distance (both planes would have the same normal).

So far I implemented PostProcessor which attempts a periodic BC between these two slices, using two material indicators. The problem is that when I identify the corresponding lattice coordinates of the node (upstream or downstream), I am unable to access the cell data.

I am currently looking at blockreduction functors as you suggested to see if I can solve the issue.

Thank you,

Ramiro Freile