Skip to content

Reply To: Extract velocity, pressure, and density data on lattices without interpolation

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Extract velocity, pressure, and density data on lattices without interpolation Reply To: Extract velocity, pressure, and density data on lattices without interpolation

syed
Participant

Dear Mathias, I initially used Paraview to visualize the data. But, to carry out analysis relevant to my project I need the raw data. I have my codes to extract results. And also I need ensemble averaging by running the code multiple times and gathering the data for statistical averaging.
I used both ways to create output from the code. I used density functor and tried the () operator which worked fine serially but threw segmentation fault when I ran it parallel. Using block reduction, I got gibberish as I understand it is because of multiple ranks executing the Ofstream object I created.

Can you please guide me regarding the most probable solutions? Is there any way I can extract and write metadata and the data corresponding to the metadata in a file with parallel implementation?