Skip to content

Reply To: VTK Repeat Write

Rookie
Participant

I really don’t have much knowledge about parallel processing, and I apologize for any confusion I may have caused you. The screenshot I provided earlier was from running the original channel3d program without parallel compilation but using mpirun to execute it. What I want to convey is that the large file size in the 0th step, which cannot be opened in ParaView, is due to repeated information writing, while other files can be opened normally.

I have incorporated subgrid particles into the channel3d file, and I have achieved some of the functionalities I wanted. The periodicity is implemented using this document: olb-1.6r0/src/particles/subgrid3DLegacyFramework/boundaries/periodicBoundary3D.h. I made some modifications to the original files, but these should not be the cause of the repeated writing issue. The repeated writing issue occurred only after I added some additional output. Could it be due to limitations in my computer configuration?

SuperVTMwriter3D<T> vtmWriter(“channel3d”);
SuperVTMwriter3D<T> vtmWriterStartTime(“startingTimechannel3d”);
SuperLatticeGeometry3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> geometry(sLattice, superGeometry);
SuperLatticePhysVelocity3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> velocity(sLattice, converter);
SuperLatticePhysPressure3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> pressure(sLattice, converter);
SuperLatticePhysStrainRateFD3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> strainrate(superGeometry, sLattice, materialslist, converter);
SuperLatticePhysDissipationFD3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> dissipation(superGeometry, sLattice, materialslist, converter);
SuperLatticePhysEffectiveDissipationFD3D<T, DESCRIPTOR> effdissipation(superGeometry, sLattice, materialslist, converter, [&](Cell<T,DESCRIPTOR>& cell) -> double {
return BulkDynamics::CollisionO().computeEffectiveOmega(cell, bulkDynamicsParams);
});
SuperLatticePhysVorticityFD3D<T,DESCRIPTOR> vorticity(superGeometry, sLattice, materialslist, converter);
SuperLatticePhysStressFD3D<T,DESCRIPTOR> stress(superGeometry, sLattice, materialslist, converter);
SuperIsotropicHomogeneousTKE3D<T,DESCRIPTOR> TKE(sLattice, converter);
SuperLatticePhysEnstrophyFD3D<T,DESCRIPTOR> enstrophy(superGeometry, sLattice, materialslist, converter);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(geometry);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(velocity);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(pressure);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(sAveragedVel);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(sAveragedPre);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(sAveragedVelcc);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(wss);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(sAveragedWss);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(strainrate);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(dissipation);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(effdissipation);
vtmWriter.addFunctor(vorticity);