Skip to content

Reply To: Wall contact in particle simulation (dkt2d example)

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Wall contact in particle simulation (dkt2d example) Reply To: Wall contact in particle simulation (dkt2d example)

avrachan1
Participant

I have had to modify the code at two additional places. ( the last two arguments)

processContacts<T, PARTICLETYPE, PARTICLECONTACTTYPE, WALLCONTACTTYPE, ContactProperties<T, 1>>(
particleSystem, solidBoundaries, contactContainer, contactProperties,
superGeometry, contactBoxResolutionPerDirection, static_cast<T>(4. / (3 * util::sqrt(M_PI))),periodicity_func<DESCRIPTOR::d>);

coupleResolvedParticlesToLattice<T, DESCRIPTOR, PARTICLETYPE, PARTICLECONTACTTYPE, WALLCONTACTTYPE>(
particleSystem, contactContainer, superGeometry, phaseField, converterPF, solidBoundaries, periodicity_func<DESCRIPTOR::d>);

periodicity_func is a function which return (true,true,false) vector.

With this the POROSITY fields behave correctly – it obeys the periodic boundary condition, however, the particle positions when accessed through particle.getField<GENERAL,POSITION> does not.

I have gone through the code and I cannot figure out where the particle positions are updated according to the periodic boundary conditions.

Any help in understanding this issue is appreciated.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by avrachan1.