Skip to content

Heat transfer liquid-solid and heat conduction in solids

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Heat transfer liquid-solid and heat conduction in solids

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    FBukreev
    Keymaster

Hello Jijo,

I think that the source problem is not bound to your configuration. I cannot say now why is it not working on your computer. You can come to the next Spring School and we will look at your code and solve this problem.

Regards
    Fedor

Jijo
    Participant

Dear Fedor,

Unfortunately I am bound by time so waiting 9 months is not an option. Isn’t there any other way to force the cell to have a certain temperature? What about using (defineRho(scalar)) into a certain iX and iY?

Regards
    Jijo

FBukreev
    Keymaster

yes, if you know he concrete cell numbers, you can define there the needed temperature with defineRho().

Jijo
    Participant

Dear Fedor,

What I want to do is to avoid using (getBlock). So I am thinking to obtain concrete cell number using getCellId(iX,iY)) and then use Cell (BlockLattice< T, TDESCRIPTOR > &block, std::size_t CellId) to set rho using [olb::Cell< T, TDESCRIPTOR >::defineRho(scalar)]. All of these are in the setTemperature function that I have written. However, it seems that I am missing something. What is the BlockLattice here?

Your help is really needed and appreciated.
    Thanks

FBukreev
    Keymaster

a better way would be to define a new material number and set the needed temperature there directly without searching for the concrete cellID.

Jijo
    Participant

Dear Fedor,

What about if I want to remove the material number after the time step?

FBukreev
    Keymaster

Sorry, we can not give such detailed support outside our spring school framework or a common project.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.