Skip to content

3D pipe with a 90° elbow simulation considering thickness

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics 3D pipe with a 90° elbow simulation considering thickness

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ali Fauze
    Participant

Dear OpenLb community,

I’m a new apprentice to OpenLB. Currently i’m working on a project for my company in order to validate OpenLB solution. I’m working on a case study which involves simulating the behavior of a 3D pipe with a 90° elbow and a 5mm thickness. The primary objectives of this analysis must account for heat echange between the flow and the pipe and also the conduction effects within the pipe.

To define the geometry, I have used the IndicatorCircle3D to define the inlet and the outlet, but I don’t know how to handle the inner and outer pipe walls.

My approach is to define a fluid volume in which I will employ the NSE coupled with ADE to simulate turbulence and heat transfer in teh flow. And also I will define a solid region where I will use the ADE with imposed 0 velocity condition to model the heat conduction within the pipe wall.

I would greatly appreciate any syggestions or assistance regarding material definition and any remark or suggested adjustments to my simulation strategy. Your expertise and guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Best Regards,
    Ali

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Ali,

we connot give support for you here by means of the forum. Consider participatong in our next spring school, a common project and an OpenLB consortium membership.

Best
    Mathias

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.