Skip to content

Acess denied while using “make”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ishan_nande

Hi, I have just put OpenLB in my university computer. I am not able to compile the example files while using the “make” command. I go the the example folder (aorta3d or bstep2d) ,type “make” in Cygwin terminal and it gives this O/P:

Create dependencies for aorta3d.cpp
    /bin/sh: Zeile 1: .tmpfile: Permission denied
    make: *** [Makefile:53: /home/Nutzer/olb-1.1r0/olb-1.1r0/examples/aorta3d/aorta3d.d] Fehler 1

I am using Windows 10 64 bit. I am not sure why is this happening. The entire setup of Cygwin was done in the C drive by someone who has the administrator rights, but I don’t have any of those rights. The OpenLB files are in the Cygwin folder and trying to compile the examples from there. My main working folder is on the Desktop and I have been regularly using it to make presentations, download PDF files,etc. Is there any other way using which I can compile these examples ? Everytime I need something to do I have to call my supervisor to type in the permissions.

Regards,
    Ishan

Markus Mohrhard
    Participant

Hello Ishan,

the easiest way is to copy the OpenLB code to a location that you have full write permissions. A simple example for this would be your home directory. The “Permission denied” message means that you are not allowed to create files in this location.

OpenLB does not store any absolute paths, so you should be fine to copy the existing directory, then call a make clean && make

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Markus

ishan_nande

I am now able to compile it.Thanks for the help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.