Skip to content

Analysis of custom models

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ric
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m new to OpenLB and C++ coding, so I need a little help. I want to analyse a helmet with the intention of studying its drag force. I’ve tried to modify the .stl file of the cylinder3d example (I changed the empty space of the cylinder for the shape of the helmet), but the simulation didn’t run. I also made an exact copy of the example model in a 3D software, and the simulation also didn’t work (it looks like it only runs with the original .stl file). Do you know what the problem is and what would be the best way to analyse the helmet?

Additionally, I’m using paraview to see the results and i would like to know if there is a way to visualize the streamlines of the fluid and to verify the values obtained for the drag at specific points of the geometry that is being analised.

Thank you in advance!

Adrian
    Keymaster

What do you mean by “the simulation didn’t run”? Which error / problem did you get? The example case on its own should be a good choice for a starting point in your case.

You can visualize streamlines in ParaView using the “Stream Tracer” filter on the velocity field produced by OpenLB. Similarly you should be able to compute the drag there (although OpenLB includes a drag/lift computation functor, this is used by e.g. the cylinder3d example case).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.