Skip to content

Assigning Material Number For A Particle

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Assigning Material Number For A Particle

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Henderson_C
    Participant

Hello OpenLB community,

I would like to ask about how we can assign a material number for particles. The user guide does not mention such a thing.

Your reply is really appreciated.
    Regards,

mathias
    Keymaster

Are the particles moving or fixed? In general you can use indicators to set materials. If there is no suitable indicator available you may write your one adjusted to your needs. Best Mathias

Henderson_C
    Participant

Dear Mathias,

Thank you for your reply.
    The particles are moving not fixed. I am struggling to give the particle thermophysical properties such as the thermal conductivity. Maybe I am missing a point so please bare with me. The material number is defined in the prepare geometry section but the particle is created in the main loop in the example (DKT2D) so no material number is assigned to it. So how can I assign it a material number?

Your support is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

mathias
    Keymaster

You would need to couble one more equation (->lattice) for the temerature on top of the moving particle model in your case — that have not been done so far in OpenLB so far as I know. I think it is possible but proaply not done easily. Best Mathias

Henderson_C
    Participant

Hello Dr. Mathias,

Is this achievable by modifying the header files (i.e., particleTasks.h) or the main code? Please elaborate on your hypothesis. My Master’s Thesis is related to such a topic, so I find your replies very helpful.

Sincerely,

mathias
    Keymaster

Finding a solution is far beyond to be answered in this forum. This is of the scale of a research project. Best Mathias

Henderson_C
    Participant

Dear Dr. Mathias,

My Master’s thesis has the element of heat transfer in particles. So, I need to find out a way to implement that. I am requesting some hints and simple guidance, or else I will not be able to carry on with my work. Here is my email if you or anyone would like to discuss more. (Henderson_carl@outlook.com)

Sincerely,

mathias
    Keymaster

For support please consider to come to oure next spring school — this is espeacially designed to get beginners in LBM and OpenLB started.

Henderson_C
    Participant

Dear Dr. Mathias,

If I attend the spring workshop will I be able to solve my problem? The basics of the OpenLB software I genuinely understand thats why I am asking.

Best regards,

mathias
    Keymaster

Durung the entire week you can speak apout your problem with all of us to get help and further the last half day is reserved for everyone discussing and working on their own problem. Mathias

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.