Skip to content

beginner. How to install and perform??

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics beginner. How to install and perform??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matru143

Hello sir,rnI am completely new to Ubuntu(linux) and openLB. I went through the guidelines as shown in the user guide. Still i am unable to install Openlb and make it work. If anyone is having any video of the installation process then please suggest me. rnrnGratitudesrnMatru prasad Nahakrnemail id- prasad.matru735@gmail.com

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Hi, you can also install OpenLB on a Windows system, using Cygwin. There is a manual for that on this website:rnDocumentation > Tech. Reports > TR4rnI think this would be a good start.rnrnBestrnRobin

Matru143

Thanku sir. I followed that document and installed necessary softwares in my windows pc. But as per the instruction number 6, when I am typing “”make”” in cygwin terminal its saying “” no target specified, no make file found. “” Please guide my how to fix it.rnrnGratitude

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Maybe you are in the wrong folder. You have to be in the folder of the program you want to make and run. For example if you want to run the cylinder2d example, first navigate to the folder byrncd openLB/examples/cylinder2d/ (path has to be adapted to your file structure)rnand then runrnmakernrnBestrnRobinrn

Matru143

Thnku sir. I followed your instruction and provided the directory to compile one of the example of cavity2d. Here I am coping whatever written on the terminal. Kindly tell me what to do next and how to visualize the contours for streamlines and isotherms. rnrnGratitudernrnmaa@maa-Lenovo-G50-70:~$ cd /home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/rnbuild/ examples/ src/ rnmaa@maa-Lenovo-G50-70:~$ cd /home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/examples/rnaorta3d/ bstep3d/ cylinder2d/ multiComponent3d/ phaseSeparation3d/ thermal3d/ rnbifurcation3d/ cavity2d/ cylinder3d/ nozzle3d/ poiseuille2d/ venturi3d/ rnbstep2d/ cavity3d/ multiComponent2d/ phaseSeparation2d/ thermal2d/ rnmaa@maa-Lenovo-G50-70:~$ cd /home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/examples/cavity2d/rnparallel/ sequential/ rnmaa@maa-Lenovo-G50-70:~$ cd /home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/examples/cavity2d/parallelrnmaa@maa-Lenovo-G50-70:~/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/examples/cavity2d/parallel$ makernCreate dependencies for cavity2d.cpprnCompile cavity2d.cpprng++ -DOLB_PRECOMPILED -O3 -Wall -std=c++0x -I../../../src -I../../../src/ -I../../../src/external -c cavity2d.cpp -o /home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/examples/cavity2d/parallel/cavity2d.ornmake[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0’rn

rn– Entering src/boundary (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/boundary’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/boundary’rn– Leaving src/boundary (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/communication (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/communication’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/communication’rn– Leaving src/communication (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/dynamics (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/dynamics’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/dynamics’rn– Leaving src/dynamics (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/core (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/core’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/core’rn– Leaving src/core (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/geometry (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/geometry’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/geometry’rn– Leaving src/geometry (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/external/tinyxml (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/external/tinyxml’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/external/tinyxml’rn– Leaving src/external/tinyxml (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/functors (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors’rn– Leaving src/functors (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/functors/indicator (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors/indicator’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors/indicator’rn– Leaving src/functors/indicator (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/io (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/io’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/io’rn– Leaving src/io (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/particles (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles’rn– Leaving src/particles (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/particles/forces (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/forces’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/forces’rn– Leaving src/particles/forces (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/particles/boundaries (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/boundaries’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/boundaries’rn– Leaving src/particles/boundaries (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/utilities (depend)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/utilities’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘depend’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/utilities’rn– Leaving src/utilities (depend)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/boundary (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/boundary’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/boundary’rn– Leaving src/boundary (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/communication (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/communication’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/communication’rn– Leaving src/communication (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/dynamics (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/dynamics’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/dynamics’rn– Leaving src/dynamics (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/core (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/core’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/core’rn– Leaving src/core (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/geometry (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/geometry’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/geometry’rn– Leaving src/geometry (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/external/tinyxml (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/external/tinyxml’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/external/tinyxml’rn– Leaving src/external/tinyxml (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/functors (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors’rn– Leaving src/functors (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/functors/indicator (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors/indicator’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/functors/indicator’rn– Leaving src/functors/indicator (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/io (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/io’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/io’rn– Leaving src/io (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/particles (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles’rn– Leaving src/particles (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/particles/forces (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/forces’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/forces’rn– Leaving src/particles/forces (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/particles/boundaries (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/boundaries’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/particles/boundaries’rn– Leaving src/particles/boundaries (compile)rn

rn

rn– Entering src/utilities (compile)rnmake[2]: Entering directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/utilities’rnmake[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘compile’.rnmake[2]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/src/utilities’rn– Leaving src/utilities (compile)rn

rnmake[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/maa/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0’rnLink cavity2drng++ cavity2d.o -L../../../build/precompiled/lib -lolb -o cavity2drnmaa@maa-Lenovo-G50-70:~/Desktop/openlb/olb-1.0r0/examples/cavity2d/parallel$ rn

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

You can run the programm by ./cavity2d or in parallel by mpirun -np X cavity2d, here X gives the number of processes for parallel execution.rnThe resulting data for visualization can be found in the subfolder tmp/. In imageData are pictures written by the GifWriter, whereas in vtkData are files that can be visualized using Paraview. Here you have filters like the Stream Tracer or Contour that should do the job.rnrnBestrnRobin

Matru143

Thanku sir. I got it. Its working. Another help please. How to run paraview and import those vtk files??rnrnrn

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Hi,rnyou can run Paraview like any other program. For an introduction to visualization with Paraview, you can have a look at the OpenLB user guide (especially section 7) on this website under Documentation > User Guide.rnrnBest,rnRobin

quadrupole

This is perhaps a stupid question, but I am not used to the vtk format that is output from a simulation in OpenLB. For example after running the cylinder2d example, I can open up the simulation data with paraview located in cylinder2d/tmp/vtkData/data and here we have files that seem to be grouped according to time and some type of block structure:

Code:
    cylinder2d_iTXXXXiCYYYY.vti

. For the standard case it seems for each time step we have 7 blocks corresponding to the zones of the mesh geometry. Why isn’t the output just combined in a single file? Is there a way to combine all of the geometry and time files into a single file so that I can “”play”” forward in time while looking at the entire geometry an not just per block?

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Hi quadropole,rnrnI just saw this question, sorry for the late reply. The vti just have the information for one Cuboid and one timestep.rnFor Each timestep in the same folder there is a file “”cylinder2d_iTxxxxx.pvd”” that shows the solution for the whole geometry in the specific timestep.rnIf you want to open all the data in Paraview so that you can press play, just open the file “”cylinder2d.pvd”” in the folder “”vtkData””.rnrnBestrnRobinrnrn

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.