Skip to content

Body force in the multicomponent model

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mjavid7
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to simulate the motion of a droplet on liquid-infused surfaces using “ContactAngle3d” example. I have a question about the implication of the gravity force in the multicomponent model. Which function should be used to consider the effect of gravity in the multicomponent model?
    Thank you for any help you can offer.
    Best Regards,
    Morteza Javid

savis
    Participant

Unfortunately external forces can’t currently be used with the multicomponent model. It is something that I have been meaning to implement for a while. The reason that it doesn’t work is because the force is overwritten by the free energy model on each time step. (Line 361 of this method)

If you don’t mind editing the OpenLB source code directly then it would be quite simple to include a gravity force by editing the method linked above.
    For example, to include gravity in the negative z-direction with a force density of 0.01 (in lattice units), the following line could be added before line 361:
    `forceZ -= 0.01;
    Note that this applies the same force to all of the different components. If you need different forces for the different components then it must depend upon the values of phi and psi.

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Sam

mjavid7
    Participant

Hi Sam,
    Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!
    Morteza

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.