Skip to content

Bogus Distance

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,rnrnI am using the example Cylinder3D to run a simulation with a similar geometry. This geometry has a sphere instead of the cylinder. When I run the simulation, I got a lot of warnings about bogus distance: “”Bogus distance at (52,2,79): 8.53711″”. The last number varies for each warning.rnrnThe box that contains the sphere has different dimensions than the box that contains the cylinder, but they are at the same location (0,0,0).rnrnWhat could be the problem?rnrnThanks!

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi Liliana,rnrnThe materials should be set exactly as in the example so that all Bouzidi boundary nodes are outside the triangle mesh given by the stl-file. rnrnYou can e-mail us you case and stl-file and we will have a look at it.rnrnBest rnMathias

Hi Mathias,rnrnThanks for the reply.rnrnCan I send the file to your email?rnrnBest wishes,rnLiliana.

mathias
    Keymaster

Yes, you can!rnMathias

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi Liliana,rnrnif you comment or delete “”superGeometry.innerClean();”” it will work fine. For Bouzidi BC one should not use the innerClean function which is only important for other on-lattice BC. There is keeps the automatic assignment of BC robust! If one have both, on- and off-lattice BC in one application, one can use the “”innerClean(material)”” for all on-lattice material numbers. In your case no innerClean at all is neede since the rest of the boundary is rather simple.rnrnIt all holds true for the cylinder3d and aorta3d examples in OpenLB.rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

Hello Mathias,rnrnIt works now! Thanks a lot!rnrnBest wishes,rnLiliana.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.