Skip to content

Bug: void ParticleDynamics3D::addSphere()

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB Bug Reports Bug: void ParticleDynamics3D::addSphere()

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    guojuw
    Participant

Dear OLB developers:

I think in the files
    $openlbRoot/src/particles/hlbm/hlbmDynamics3D.hh

line No. 44
    new SmoothIndicatorSphere3D<T, T, true>(center, radius, density, epsilon, vel) );

should be
    new SmoothIndicatorSphere3D<T, T, true>(center, radius, epsilon, density, vel) );

since the object is defined as
    SmoothIndicatorSphere3D(Vector<S, 3> center, S radius, S epsilon, S density=0, Vector<S,3> vel = Vector<S,3> (0.,0.,0.));

Regards,
    Junwei Guo

Nicolas
    Participant

Dear Junwei Guo,

thank you for pointing out this issue. This indeed represents a bug still remaining in version 1.3r1. The addSphere function however, is somewhat redundant to the method suggested in the the example settlingCube3d. Here, an indicator (eg.SmoothIndicatorSphere3D) is created and subsequently added to the particleDynamics via addParticle, which is supposed to yield the same effect.

Best,
    Nicolas

guojuw
    Participant

Dear Nicolas,

I just know the version 1.3r1 is released. Actually I fixed some other small bugs in version 1.3r0.

Do you know how 1.3r1 is changed from 1.3r0 in detail? So I can migrate my code to the newest version?

Regards,
    Junwei Guo

mathias
    Keymaster
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.