Skip to content

Calculate the time average velocity field

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Calculate the time average velocity field

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    steed188
    Participant

Hello.
    I’m working on a turbulent modeling with OpenLB. I wish to calculate the time averaged velocity of the whole calculation field during a specific time period. I wonder whether there is a function already included in OpenLB or I have to make it myself.
    Thank you.

Marc
    Participant

Hello steed188,

I am also working on turbulence. Which kind of model do you use? At the moment, there is no time average functor implemented in OpenLB, but I think it is a very usefull tool in case of turbulent flows. We can work on the functor together, if you want.

Best,
    Marc

steed188
    Participant

Dear Marc,
    I’m happy that you focused on my question.
    I’m new in LBM, trying SmagorinskyBGKdynamics for high Reynolds numbers flow in outdoor wind environment. Yeah, it is very important to get time averaged velocity. If there is no functor in OpenLB, I hope to develop it maybe later for I have to take some time to be familiar with OpenLB firstly. Let’s work on it together if you would like to.

Best,
    steed188

steed188
    Participant

Dear Marc,
    I’s now trying to make the time average velocity field function. Do you have interest to work together?
    If you are intersting in it. You can E-mail steed188@gmail.com me
    Best steed188.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.