Skip to content

Change the value of nx and ny for cavity2d examples?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Change the value of nx and ny for cavity2d examples?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thir

Dear all,rnrnI used cavity2d in my experiment. It run successfully in sequential and also parallel (mpi).rnNow i want to increase the value of nx and ny, but i don’t find yet where can i change those values.rnDoes anyone know where can i change the value of nx and ny for cavity2d examples?rnAny helps or comments are really appreciated.rnrnThir

mathias
    Keymaster

Hallo Thir,rnrn You can change the resultion in the xml-file by changing the parameter “”latticeL”” which is the size of a voxel in meter. In this example we have a square cavity of lenth 1 m. The function “”converter->numNodes(x)”” returns the number of voxels of size “”latticeL”” for x meter. In this example we set “”int N = converter->numNodes();”” which gives us the number of voxels of size “”latticeL”” for 1 meter. Have a look at the other examples e.g. “”cylinder2d”” and our user guid.rnrnMathias

Thir

Hallo Mathias,rnrnThank you so much for your quick reply and also for your answer. I’ve changed the value of latticeL in cavity2d.xml and description_cavity2d.xml files, and it works. So does it means the value of nx and ny always same? Sorry i am newbie in LBM.rnrnThir

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi Thir,rnrn No. If you can change the source code in order to have any size you want. Have a look at our example “”cavity3d””.rnrnRegardsrnMathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.