Skip to content

Compiling of openlb in windows

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Compiling of openlb in windows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sammyak

respected one,rni am working in field of fluidization specially in mixing and segregation, and my topic of Ph.D. is modeling of segregation of particles in fluidized bed with lattice Boltzmann method. and i am also unfamiliar with Linux and UNIX i know only windows and i have code block installed in it. rncan some one please tell me the procedure to compile it in windows/code block?rnthanking you in advance….

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Atul,rnrn Unfortunately, I cannot help you – I am working with Linux. But it should be possible to run the Makefile. I heart from people working with Eclipse in Windows. You can also run a virtual machine, then you have a Linux system within Windows.rnrnMaybe soneone else of the forum community can share some experience? rnrnMathias

sammyak

hello mathias,rnfirst i am sorry for replying so late but i was just close to the compiling but at final state code block ( which i used for compiling of openlb ) showed some error in its own library files, ok let it but can you please tell me the sequence of commands you used to compile the openlb in linux please. i just installed it but dont know anything except basic commands.rnthanking you in advance.rnrnAtul

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Atul,rnrn Compiling OpenLB using linux is quite easy. First you need to install a compiler like “”gnu gcc””, and also “”make””. Both is standard and probably already installed on your system. If you want to run OpenLB in parallel you also need to install “”mpi””. Then, go into one of the example folders and type “”make””. Then, OpenLB is compiling automatically. To run the example program type ./””program name””. You will also find our user guid helpful.rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.