Skip to content

compressible flow in LBM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MAT

HellornI am new in this OpenLB. I would like solve compressible fluid flow problems by using LBM. It would be very helpful for this forum LBM users, If any one can share any sample compressible flow code.rn rnWith ThanksrnMAT

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear MAT,rnrnit seems not to be difficult to implement a model like “”http://www.math.ualberta.ca/ijnam/Volume-9-2012/No-2-12/2012-02-21.pdf”” into the OpenLB code. Basically, you would just have to cange the definition of the collision step in the classes “”dynamics.*”” starting by copying an existing implementation like “”BGK””. We could include your code in the next release if you are happy to share under GPL2.rnrnMathias

MAT

Dear Mathias,rnReally thnak you very much for your kind reply. I would be very grateful to you, if you send me any sample FORTRAN code for compressible flow.I need it very much to my researh study.rnSincerely yoursrnMAT

npel
    Quote:
    Quote from mathias on August 18, 2013, 11:22rnDear MAT,rnrnit seems not to be difficult to implement a model like “”http://www.math.ualberta.ca/ijnam/Volume-9-2012/No-2-12/2012-02-21.pdf”” into the OpenLB code. Basically, you would just have to cange the definition of the collision step in the classes “”dynamics.*”” starting by copying an existing implementation like “”BGK””. We could include your code in the next release if you are happy to share under GPL2.rnrnMathias

rnrnDear MAT,rnTwo years had passed, It seems that there is still not a compressible mode implemented in the latest version olb-0.9. Now that it won’t be very difficult for the developer of this soft-project to add a compressible model, so, why not add one?rnI’m new in LBM area, a lot of elementary book on LBM seems emphasize on incompressible flow only, although many journals have been put into compressible area, I was still wondering is it a good idea to use LBM to model compressible flow?rnIt will be very thankful for anybody to clear up my confusion.

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear MAT,rnrn We are open for a cooperation in which we would support the implementation of a compressiable model. OpenLB is open source and needs the support of other reseach groups, industry or individuals to push a topic like this. You are welcome to contact me using the contact form on our website and discuss how this might be realized.rnrnBestrnMathias

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.