Skip to content

conjugate heat transfer capability

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics conjugate heat transfer capability

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    phsieh2005

Dear OpenLB developers,rnrnI am wondering if OpenLB can handle conjugate heat transfer (contains both solids/conduction and fluid/convection)?rnrnIs there any example of how to import stl file into the model?rnrnThanks!rnrnPei-Ying

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Pei-Ying,rnrn At the moment there is a model implemented for fluid/convection (cf. examples/thermalXd) and for two-phase flows (cf. examples/multiComponentXd). It should be easy to extent the fluid/convection-model to solids. Further, we have an example which shows how to import stl-files (cf. examples/cylinder3d). Once you have implemented a simple and validated example you can send it to us and we can include it in the next release as a show case.rnrnMathias rn

phsieh2005

Dear Mathias,rnrnThanks for the FAST reply!rnrnActually, I am new to LBM. I am exploring the potential of applying OpenLB to my work.rnrnA couple of areas I am interested in are:rnrn1. conjugate heat transferrn2. micro-fluidics with strong surface tensionrn3. moving objects in fluid domainrn4. fluid-structure interactionrnrnIt looks like LBM has advanced significantly during the past few years. The issue with high density ration seemed have been resolved. It looks very promising.rnrnIs there any road map for the OpenLB development?rnrnThanks!rnrnPei-Ying

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Pei-Ying,rnrn The OpenLB road map strongly depends on the people contributing code. Multi-physics and multi-scales applications in rather complex geometries are topics which will be addressed in the years to come. I guess all your topics are of interest in future. You are welcome to contribute.rnrnMathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.