Skip to content

Correction to SuperLatticeTimeAveragedCrossCorrelationF3D

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB Bug Reports Correction to SuperLatticeTimeAveragedCrossCorrelationF3D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ramirofreile
    Participant

Hello,

I believe I spotted a small error on line 156 of file superLatticeTimeAveraged3D.hh for the calculation of the Reynolds stresses. An additional division by _ensembles is needed. Please see the corrected code below:

template <typename T>
    bool SuperLatticeTimeAveragedCrossCorrelationF3D<T>::operator() (T output[], const int input[])
    {
    ……
    output[iDim] = _sDataMN.getBlock(iCloc).get(input+1,iDim)/_ensembles -_sDataM.getBlock(iCloc).get(input+1,iDimM)*_sDataN.getBlock(iCloc).get(input+1,iDimN)/_ensembles/_ensembles;
    ……
    };

Thank you,

Ramiro Freile

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by ramirofreile. Reason: forgot word corrected
    stephan

Dear Ramiro,

thank you for the bug report.

We will have a look and get back to you soon.
    Meanwhile, could you please explain your suggestion?

BR
    Stephan

ramirofreile
    Participant

Hi Stephan,

If you take a look at SuperLatticeTimeAveraged3D.hh, in line 64 (current Doxygen), you will see that the expression matches the expression I wrote in my first bug report message.

Mathematically, the cross correlation of two fields ends up being equal to

CrossCorr = (uv)_av – u_av v_av ,

where _av denotes a time average. Each time average is the sum of N observations divided by _ensembles.
    Thus, the first term requires a single division by _ensembles and the second term requires a double division by _ensembles.

In my simulations I notices that the Reynolds stresses never converged and kept increasing in value.

Thank you,

Ramiro Freile

stephan

Dear Ramiro,

thanks again for your post, and for fixing the bug.
    We will include the correction.

BR
    Stephan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.