Skip to content

Data Extraction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ivan

Hello, everybody,

I am currently working with multiphase flows, more specifically with a rising droplet of a lighter fluid in a channel filled with a heavier one. What I am trying to do right now is to vary a few parameters and analyse how they affect the rising velocity. For that, I have generated the GIF images and used ImageJ and its plugin MtrackerJ to get the droplet position and and calculate its velocity for each frame – in my simulation, I get a frame every 100 time steps. Since for that as I have to include markers for every frame by myself, the results are not precise at all, so what I am looking forward right now is to extract/print the droplet center position and or velocity from the simulation. Is there an easy way to do it? Because I have already tried to print the droplet center position with the code itself and I was given repetitively the initial position. I am also working with Paraview and there is an option for me to visualize the droplet position/velocity, but I would have to extract them manually for each frame ( and each simulation is about 200 frames ). Is there any option in paraview that does it automatically?

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Ivan,

Of course there are several ways. Most likely also in Paraview. I would program it directly in C++ simular to the implementation of the gif-writer.

Best
    Mathias

ivan

Any ideas of how to do it, Mathias?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.