Skip to content

density charRho

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mamin

Hi all,
    I think charRho is the physical density in SI units and when I calculate it for helium at 100 pascal it gives me 0.000164. However, when I add this value to the converter and look at the inlet pressure at steady state, it is much lower than 100 pascal.
    Any idea why I’m not getting the pressure I’m putting?

PS. I also added the kinematic viscosity based on this density (dynamic viscosity/ rho).

Thanks

mathias
    Keymaster

Please, read our documentation and have a look at our example. We cannot give a complete introducion in this forum. For it, you would need to come to us in person, e.g. to our next spring school! Best Mathias

Mamin

The charR is not mentioned in the user documentation at all. So it is hard to get info from there. And I’m not requesting a complete intro, I will come for to the spring school for that but some hints will help people to continue their projects and keep using openLB.
    Thanks

mathias
    Keymaster

CharRho is a value in Si units which is linked to rho=1 in LB simulations. Details can be found in the implemation of our unitConverter as well as in a general form in the book of Krüger on LBM. Best Mathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.