Skip to content

Density setting in ADE lattice

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Density setting in ADE lattice

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hhan
    Participant

Dear Community,

I have a question about the ADE lattice density set up. I read the thermalPorousPlate3D example, and I found the density parameter is regarded as temperature.

And if I simulate the gas diffusion problem, what should I think of the lattice density as? The mixing density or concentration of the gas or other. And how to set density in inlet and outlet? Does the inlet density need to larger than the main domain?

Thank you!

mathias
    Keymaster

That is an LBM discretization of the Boussinesq model euqation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boussinesq_approximation_(buoyancy). One lattice for mass and momentum and one for the temperature. So it is almost incompressible, gas density (in mass and momentum euqation) -> const. for h->0. You can set the inlet and outlet condition for the mass and momentum equation as in the Navier-Stokes cases and further you have to set another condition for the temperatre in the ADE lattice.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.