Skip to content

Drop Raising in a Vertical Channel

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Drop Raising in a Vertical Channel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ivan

Hello, everybodyrnrnOnce there were some change of plans regarding the simulation I asked about on the last topic, I decided to create a new one. Anyway, the challenge right now is to simulate a vertical channel filled with a heavier fluid, in which a drop of a lighter fluid raises. I am considering to start with the “”Cylinder2d”” example, remove the obstacle, make it vertical and then add the droplet of a second fluid. What do you guys think?rnrnAtt.

Hello ivan,rnrnI am new in LBM and OpenLB, however, the example multiComponentXD (X stands for the dimension) may be a better start. You can already start the simulation with the drop inside the heavier fluid. If you are just interested to check the drop raise, I think, you should set the boundaries as no-slip boundary conditions. The initial form of the drop could be made by “”hand”” using the IndicatorCuboid2D/IndicatorCircle2D (4.2 Indicator functions from the user guide).rnrnLet us know how you proceeded 😉 rnrnBest regards,rnrnAlejandro

ivan

Hello, Alejandro,rnrnFirst of all, thank you so much for replying and I am sorry for taking long to reply you back, I did not have a look at the forum in the last days. Concerning the problem, in the example “”Cylinder2d””, we have a channel in which there is a flow and a round obstacle/circle/cylinder. The idea was to use two different lattices, as in the example “”Multicomponent2d””. In the first one, I would keep the properties of the original fluid and set the material of the obstacle as a second fluid of density zero; in the second one, the obstacle – which now behaves as a fluid – would receive a different density and the original fluid, zero. I am not sure if that would work but as far as I understood I would have a drop of a second fluid in the main flow ( which is no really the original idea of having a raising drop but also works for my research ). What do you think of that?rnrnBest,rnrnIvan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.