Skip to content

DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics – Error

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics – Error

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,rnrnI tried to implement the Dynamic Smagorinsky turbulence model (DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics ) in the cylinder2d example. I changed the code as :rn

Code:
    rn/// … rntypedef double T;rn// #define DESCRIPTOR D2Q9Descriptorrn#define DESCRIPTOR DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptorrnrn/// … rnrnint main(int argc, char* argv[])rn{rn /// …rn// BGKdynamics<T, DESCRIPTOR> bulkDynamics(converter.getOmega(), instances::getBulkMomenta<T, DESCRIPTOR>());rn DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<T,DESCRIPTOR> bulkDynamics(converter.getOmega(), rn instances::getBulkMomenta<T, DESCRIPTOR>(),rn converter.getLatticeL(), rn converter.physTime() );rnrn/// …rn}rn

rnrnI tried to compiled and I get this error :rn

Code:
    rnaclarobarr@urgc-hu21:~/Documents/olb-1.0r0/Test_alejandro/cylinder2d_test6_wall_function$ makernCreate dependencies for cylinder2d.cpprnCompile cylinder2d.cpprnmpic++ -DPARALLEL_MODE_MPI -O3 -Wall -std=c++11 -I../../src -I../../src/ -I../../src/external -c cylinder2d.cpp -o /home/aclarobarr/Documents/olb-1.0r0/Test_alejandro/cylinder2d_test6_wall_function/cylinder2d.ornIn file included from ../../src/dynamics/dynamics2D.h:55:0,rn from ../../src/olb2D.h:3,rn from cylinder2d.cpp:40:rn../../src/dynamics/smagorinskyBGKdynamics.h: In instantiation of ‘class olb::DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<double, olb::descriptors::DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptor>’:rncylinder2d.cpp:340:56: required from herern../../src/dynamics/smagorinskyBGKdynamics.h:164:18: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double olb::DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<double, olb::descriptors::DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptor>::smagoConstIsAt’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]rn const static T smagoConstIsAt = Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt;rn ^rn../../src/dynamics/smagorinskyBGKdynamics.h: In instantiation of ‘const double olb::DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<double, olb::descriptors::DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptor>::smagoConstIsAt’:rn../../src/dynamics/smagorinskyBGKdynamics.hh:381:48: required from ‘T olb::DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<T, Lattice>::computeOmega(T, T, T, T*, olb::Cell<T, Lattice>&) [with T = double; Lattice = olb::descriptors::DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptor]’rn../../src/dynamics/smagorinskyBGKdynamics.hh:328:71: required from ‘void olb::DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<T, Lattice>::collide(olb::Cell<T, Lattice>&, olb::LatticeStatistics<T>&) [with T = double; Lattice = olb::descriptors::DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptor]’rncylinder2d.cpp:374:1: required from herern../../src/dynamics/smagorinskyBGKdynamics.h:164:18: error: ‘constexpr’ needed for in-class initialization of static data member ‘const double olb::DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics<double, olb::descriptors::DynSmagorinskyD2Q9Descriptor>::smagoConstIsAt’ of non-integral type [-fpermissive]rnmake: *** [/home/aclarobarr/Documents/olb-1.0r0/Test_alejandro/cylinder2d_test6_wall_function/cylinder2d.o] Erreur 1rn

rnrnShould the class DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics be modified as:rn

Code:
    template<typename T, template<typename U> class Lattice>rn class DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics : public BGKdynamics<T,Lattice> {rn public:rn DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics(T omega_, Momenta<T,Lattice>& momenta_, T dx_, T dt_);rn virtual void collide(Cell<T,Lattice>& cell, LatticeStatistics<T>& statistics_);rn virtual void staticCollide(Cell<T,Lattice>& cell, const T u[Lattice<T>::d],rn LatticeStatistics<T>& statistics_);rn virtual void setOmega(T omega_);rn virtual T getSmagorinskyOmega(Cell<T,Lattice>& cell_);rn rn private:rn T computePreFactor(T omega_, T smagoConst_, T dx_, T dt_);rn T computeOmega(T omega0_, T preFactor_, T rho_, T pi_[util::TensorVal<Lattice<T> >::n],rn Cell<T,Lattice>& cell);rn T tau_eff;rn T dx;rn T dt;rn // old versionrn // const static T smagoConstIsAt = Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt;rn // new versionrn const static int smagoConstIsAt = Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt;rn };

rnrnDoes anyone know how to fix this error? and Do I need to redefine the class DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics as indicated before?rnrnBest Regards,rnrnAlejandro

mathias
    Keymaster

Did you compile in the mode “”precompiled”” or “”generic””. It should be “”generic””. See documenation. Best Mathias

Hi Mathias,rnrnI checked the “”Makefile.inc”” and I changed to “”generic””.rnrn

Code:
    #BUILDTYPE := precompiledrnBUILDTYPE := generic

rnrnAlso, I tested with the Shear Smagorinsky and ADM turbulence models and both complied well (not errors).rnrnBest regards,rnrnAlejandro rn

Hi Mathias,rnrnI redefine the DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics as:rn

Code:
    template<typename T, template<typename U> class Lattice>rnclass DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamicsNew : public BGKdynamics<T,Lattice> {rnpublic:rn /// Constructorrn DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamicsNew(T omega_, Momenta<T,Lattice>& momenta_, T dx_, T dt_);rn /// Collision steprn virtual void collide(Cell<T,Lattice>& cell, LatticeStatistics<T>& statistics_);rn /// Collide with fixed velocityrn virtual void staticCollide(Cell<T,Lattice>& cell, const T u[Lattice<T>::d],rn LatticeStatistics<T>& statistics_);rn /// Set local relaxation parameter of the dynamicsrn virtual void setOmega(T omega_);rn /// Get local smagorinsky relaxation parameter of the dynamicsrn virtual T getSmagorinskyOmega(Cell<T,Lattice>& cell_);rnrnprivate:rn /// Computes a constant prefactor in order to speed up the computationrn T computePreFactor(T omega_, T smagoConst_, T dx_, T dt_);rn /// Computes the local smagorinsky relaxation parameterrn T computeOmega(T omega0_, T preFactor_, T rho_, T pi_[util::TensorVal<Lattice<T> >::n],rn Cell<T,Lattice>& cell);rn /// effective collision time based upon Smagorisnky approachrn T tau_eff;rn T dx;rn T dt;rn const static int smagoConstIsAt = Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt;rn};

rnrnIt should be noted that the smagoConstIsAt attribut have been defined as const static int (before was const static T).

Quote:
    This phrase have been modified, it have been changed const static int by const static T

rnrnThe code compile well.rnrnNow, I some kind of confused about the real implementation of this turbulence model. I know that in this model determines the Smagorinsky parameter (Csm) in each cell at each time step. I understood that

Code:
    const static int smagoConstIsAt = Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt

give the position vector for a external field of the lattice. However, I have not figured out in which moment this “”external field”” have been created.rnrnShould the user give an initial value of this parameter by using for example:rn

Code:
    template<typename T, template<typename U> class Lattice>rnvoid SuperLattice2D<T,Lattice>::defineExternalField(SuperGeometry2D<T>& sGeometry,rn int material, int fieldBeginsAt, int sizeOfField, AnalyticalF2D<T,T>& field)

rnAs for the “”Poiseuille-Forced-2D”” example?rnrnBest regards,rnAlejandro

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrnthe data is in the Cell. As I rememeber, there is a functor (functors/turbulent3d.*) that updates the constant in each cell. There will be a paper and a PhD thesis hopefully soon available on this topic by Patrick Nathan. rnrnBestrnMathias

mathias
    Keymaster

What did you change “”It should be noted that the smagoConstIsAt attribut have been defined as const static int (before was const static int).””?

Hi Mathias,rnrnMy phrase have been modified because it was incorrect.

Quote:
    It should be noted that the smagoConstIsAt attribut have been defined as const static int (before was const static int)

rnrnThe Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt returns a const static int not a const static T. Thus, I changed the type of return of the private attribute smagoConstIsAt in the class DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics.rnrnThe collide method of the class DynSmagorinskyBGKdynamics seem to obtain the Smagorinsky parameter with the *cell.getExternal(Lattice<T>::ExternalField::smagoConstIsAt). However, I do not see where this parameter it is changed by the collide method of the class. It is changed by other method of the class?rnrnBest regards,rnAlejandro

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Alejandro,rnrn There are several issues to be discussed for that topic. Further, we will have a spring school in March 2017 for LBM and OpenLB, where we can help to get started. Please contact me to proceed.rnrnBestrnMathias

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.