Skip to content

Error in GNUplot & image data

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    achodankar
    Participant

Hello,
    I have run the cylinder2d example. I can see the .p, .matrix, and .dat files in the GNUplotData and imagedata folders. However, it doesn’t show the png/jpeg or pdf files generated by GNUplot.

The following error shows up in the terminal window after compiling & running the code:

1) First error

set terminal png size 1920,1080font “,25”;
    ^
    “./tmp/imageData/data/heatMapquality.p” line 3: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just ‘set terminal’ for a list

2) Second Error
    set terminal pdf enhanced
    ^
    “./tmp/gnuplotData/data/plotPDF.p” line 2: unknown or ambiguous terminal type; type just ‘set terminal’ for a list

I would really appreciate any help on this matter.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet

achodankar
    Participant

Hello,
    I was able to run the .p scripts using gnuplot-x11 and get the corresponding images and pdfs. However, I had to do all of it manually. How should I modify OpenLB code to use gnuplot-x11? I have uninstalled the gnuplot version, so I just have the gnuplot-x11 version presently.

Adrian
    Keymaster

You can change the gnuplot command in src/io/gnuplotHeadMapWriter.hh:247 respectively src/io/gnuplotWriter.hh:337. For your example the latter should be the relevant one.

achodankar
    Participant

Hello Adrian,
    Thank you very much for your prompt reply. The proposed solution fixed the issue.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.