Skip to content

fluid property

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lesmodel

Hello everyone,
    I want to know how to change the fluid property, taking the cylinder2d as an example, I want to change the air to the water. The differences of the two fluids are the density and the kinematic viscosity in this case, in which line of the code should I change the density and kinematic viscosity?

mathias
    Keymaster

You only need to change the viscosity such that the Reynolds number ist fine in the end. Best Mathias

lesmodel

Dear Mathias,
    Thanks very much for your kind reply. Do you mean that I should only change the charNU in the LBconverter to 0.000001m^2/s? and make sure that the Reynolds number is fine for the calculating, but what about the density, should I write the charRho = 1000 to the LBconverter? if not, can i get the correct force acting on the cylinder? Thank you!

mathias
    Keymaster

Have a look here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_number . Changing the charRho will just change the result by the some constant. For the calculation of Re, it does not matter since it is already included in the kinematic viscosity charNu! BEst Mathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.