Skip to content

Free slip boundary condition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    marcanyada

Hi everyone,rnrnI am beginning with OpenLB and I would like to implement a free slip boundary conditon on a straight wall, that is (as far as I know) zero velocity for the velocity component normal to the wall and zero gradient for the other velocity components.rnrnCould someone give me some ideas about how to do it?rnrnThank you!

Hi marcanyada,rnrnThe free slip boundary condition on a straight wall have been already implemented in the addslipboundary function. The approach implemented is the specular reflection.rnrnOtherwise, you can write a new class in order to implement this condition in the post-process step. You could check how it is implemented with the createInterpBoundaryCondition2D class.rnrnBest Regards,rnAlejandro

shaunellis22

Hi,

I am trying to implement a free-slip boundary condition in a D3Q19 Descriptor, would it be possible to elaborate on how to implement the addSlipBoundary function by using the createInterpBoundaryCondition ?

Many Thanks,

Shaun

mathias
    Keymaster

We already did implement a free-slip condition. It works like bounce-back. Please have a look at the dogygen documentation on our web site.

Best
    Mathias

shaunellis22

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for your quick reply. Has the free-slip condition only been implemented for the 2D case? I am able to generate some nice results in 2D. However I am interested in simulating a 3D model and undergoing the same method I get the error ‘no member named ‘addSlipBoundary”.

Many thanks,
    Shaun

mathias
    Keymaster

Right. It will be included in the next release which will be available in about amounth or two. Best mathias

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.