Skip to content

getMaxPhysR() and getMinPhysR() functions

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics getMaxPhysR() and getMinPhysR() functions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    OscarEspinosa
    Participant

Hello, I was searching for documentation about getMaxPhysR() and getMinPhysR() functions in the developer guide, these functions are called from the SuperGeometry3D<T> template when setting the material numbers, an example of this is in the source code cilinder3d.cpp.
    These function are somewhat different from the getPhysR()? If yes, how do they work?
    I’m trying to simulate the flow around a sphere, that’s why my interest in understanding the way in which is prepared the geometry.

Thank you for your attention.

Oscar Espinosa

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Oscar,

getMaxPhysR computes the maximum of physR in x,y and z direction. physR are the coorinates in SI units of the geometry.

Best
    Mathias

OscarEspinosa
    Participant

Hello, Mathias

thank you for answer. And what does represent the argument arg within getMaxPhysR(arg)?

Regards,
    Oscar Espinosa

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Oscar,

that is the material number. you get the maximum physical (Si units) coordinates for each material number. You can see that in the implemenatation

https://www.openlb.net/DoxyGen/html/d5/d9e/classolb_1_1SuperGeometryStatistics2D.html#accd028ebb8f0d9352a87afed0268e7b8

Best
    Mathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.