Skip to content

help me !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    lbmcoding

Hi guys,
    I need your help, I want to know that if there is way to simulating a rotating cylinder, for example, giving a rotating speed to a 2d cylinder, please help me!! Thanks very much!!

mathias
    Keymaster

For a rotaing cylinder you just need to change the boundary conditon but we also have a cylinder coordinate system implementation. For it please check out the code in frameChange* .

Best
    Mathias

lbmcoding

Dear mathias,
    Thanks very much for your message, you mentioned that I just need to change the boundary condition, but I’m still confusing about this, as far as I know, to model the moving boundaries, the Bouzidi boundaries should be modified, and an expression term should be added. Am I right? Should I modefied this in OpenLB?Or there is anohter simple way. Look forward to your reply! Thanks very much!

mathias
    Keymaster

If the roting system is symmetric, yes. Then only the BC needs to be chanced and a force term needs to be add. That is right. Yes, and for Bouzidi we have a velocity term included.

Best
    Mathias

lbmcoding

Dear Mathias,
    Should I need to modified the source code of bouzidi boundary condition?I thinks it’s a real challenge. Do you have anohter good suggestions?thank you!

mathias
    Keymaster

You actually can use any BC you want. For Bouzidi, the chance is not really complicated. Please, look at cylinder3d or our aorta3d example.

Best
    mathias

lbmcoding

Thanks very much for your help!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.