Skip to content

Help Needed: Modifying LBM Simulation for Natural Convection in a Square Cavity

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Help Needed: Modifying LBM Simulation for Natural Convection in a Square Cavity

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AmalHK
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a simulation using the Lattice Boltzmann Method (LBM) for natural convection in a square cavity. As a beginner in LBM modeling, I’m trying to modify the “Squarecavity2d” example to fit my geometry—a square with a side length of L=0.75m—and for a Rayleigh number of Ra=1.58e9. I am also activating the LES Smagorinsky model for turbulence.

However, I am encountering issues with the mesh and geometry. When I attempt to change the number of discretization points (N), the geometry changes in unexpected ways. I am struggling to understand the relationship between the discretization and the geometry.

Could anyone provide guidance or resources that could help me address this issue? Any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

mathias
    Keymaster

There is a chapter in the user guide. Also getting inspired by another example helps. And further, we offer support for spring school participents, project partners and consortium members (cf. https://www.openlb.net/consortium/).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.