Skip to content

how can I compile the openLB with Cygwin?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics how can I compile the openLB with Cygwin?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Leaf

Hi, everybody and Mathias,rn I want to run the OpenLB under windows and I remember that it can be compiled by Cygwin with some changes, which mentioned by Mathias in a topic. But I don’t know how. I tried once, the error mainly focused on the files in boost. Have anyone compiled it successfully with Cygwin under windows? Could you plz give some advice to achieve it? Thank you so much. My email address is openlb12@163.com.

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrnit is imporatant to install boost first and link the installed one. For it the path in Makefile.inc needs to be changed!rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

Leaf

hey, Mathias.rn I finally succeeded in compiling OpenLB under windows with Eclipse(IDE) using Cygwin. But I changed several code files(which seems unbelievably unreasonable) and delete some non-using files. The project can run and do some debug. But it still remains several problems. Are you interested in building an official version of windows OpenLB? Maybe we can do some work together. What’s more, could I publish it in the Forum, so that more people can help fix the problem and create a more perfect version. Thanks a lot!rnrn PS:rn If anyone of you is interested in OpenLB windows version, plz contact me, my e-mail is openlb12@163.com

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrn Yes, we are interested. I will send you and Email with my details. And yes again, put a list of changes to the forum. That will help other peoble. rnrnBest regardsrnMathias

rahmannejad

Hi to all.rnI want to use the openlb on my windows 8.1 OS. So i have installed cygwin as it’s recommended in the user guide but now i don’t know what to do to compile the codes. I would thank anybody who can upload a pdf or a video to show how the cygwin could be used for this purpose. rnrnJavad RahmannejadrnPhd student in Energy Conversion. rnj.rahmannejad@yahoo.com

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrnplease have a look at our technical report atrnhttp://www.optilb.com/openlb/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/olb-tr4.pdf rnwhich we have just uploaded.rnrnBestrnMathias

Lokothwayo

Hi AllrnrnIs there are similar link for people using linux on a virtual machine.

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi,rnrnon a virtual maschine, you need to install packages as on a real linux system. For it, follow the instrtuctions on the user guide chapter compilation section linux.rnrnBestrnMathias

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.