Skip to content

How to implement an adiabatic boundary

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics How to implement an adiabatic boundary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leaf

hi, guys,rn Has anyone tried to build an adiabatic boundary in OpenLB? If you achieved, could you plz give me some advisement on the dynamic and momenta class selection for adiabatic boundary? Thanks.rn What’s more, is there anyone interested in the transformation of units between LBM and physical world? I hope we can do some cooperation in the derivation of the switching strategy. Of course, it would be grateful if you can directly offer suggestion on this topic. rn My e-mail is openlb12@163.com. Thanks again.

marcanyada

Hi openlb12,rnrnI am currently also working in the same direction. For the adiabatic boundary I have been using the bounce-back boundary, since the lattice descriptor for the thermal variables only has velocities in perpendicular and parallel directions to the wall (based on the assumption that your boundaries are aligned with the coordinate system). I hope it’s useful.rnrnRegards, marcanyada

Leaf
    Quote:
    Quote from marcanyada on July 14, 2015, 07:24rnHi openlb12,rnrnI am currently also working in the same direction. For the adiabatic boundary I have been using the bounce-back boundary, since the lattice descriptor for the thermal variables only has velocities in perpendicular and parallel directions to the wall (based on the assumption that your boundaries are aligned with the coordinate system). I hope it’s useful.rnrnRegards, marcanyada

rnrnHey, Marcanyada,rn Thank you for your reply. If possible, could you send me an email, so we can discuss efficiently and timely. What’s more, about the bounce-back boundary, which boundary dynamic class do you select? Could you give me your boundary code? rnrnHere is my email address, openlb12@163.com.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.