Skip to content

How to rewrite temperature in a zone with a certain material number by another in a same size zone ?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics How to rewrite temperature in a zone with a certain material number by another in a same size zone ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    happyday

Hi,I am walking with distribution of temperature in billets in a walking beam type reheat furnace by LBM.In my research ,I suppose the billets in the furnace are the same,so I can convert the beam moving to the temperature translation form one billet to another(see the picture below).

[img]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8tg-8v7d3V2NXGfMrtWchMygAOa1CUndy6TgjPfUiV9726sMz[/img]

There are three billets named 1,2,3(lift to right),suppose I have three IndicatorCuboid3D with material number 1,2,3 for the three billets.In a walking beam type reheat furnace ,the billets walk in a certain time space(suppose every 20mins billet 1 walk 2 meters to the position which billet 2 stayed and 2 to 3).So I wonder if there is a way which can rewrite the values of temperature in material 2 by material 1 in every 20 mins ,and I think it is not so easy,because it should accurate two lattice in material 1 and 2.So please help me.

mgaedtke
    Keymaster

Hello happyday,

I think, changing material numbers or their corresponding temperatures is not nessasary in your case. You should be able to simulate the transient heat transfer of one of your billets by assuming that its relative velocitiy to the casing is constant. Thereby you could just simulate a steady billet, that is constantly heated from above.

Regards,
    Max

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.