Skip to content

HPC OpenLB Code Compilation Error

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics HPC OpenLB Code Compilation Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    achodankar
    Participant

Hello Developers,
    I am having issues running the OpenLB code on the cluster. To start, I tried compiling the code on a single node. After running the make command, I get the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/olb-1.4r0/examples/laminar/poiseuille2d’
    make[2]: Entering directory `/olb-1.4r0′
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target /usr/include/c++/9/vector', needed bybuild/generic/obj/src/communication/loadBalancer.o’. Stop.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/olb-1.4r0′
    make[1]: *** [updatelib] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/olb-1.4r0/examples/laminar/poiseuille2d’
    make: *** [all] Error 2

I would appreciate any advice on getting the OpenLB code running on the cluster.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet C.

Adrian
    Keymaster

This looks like an issue with your compiler environment. What compiler are you using and how did you load it into the environment? Does a simple C++ test program compile using this setup?

achodankar
    Participant

Hello Adrian,
    Openlb runs properly when I run it on the login server. I use the make and mpirun commands, and it spits out the results. However, when I run the batch script, it starts giving me errors related to loadbalancer. If I include make cleanbuild in the script, then the error changes accordingly.

I am unable to post the batch script since the forum is blocking me, when I try to post it.

Thank you.

Abhijeet C.

Adrian
    Keymaster

What kind of errors do you get from the load balancer?

achodankar
    Participant

Hello Adrian,
    Here is the error:

mpic++ -DPARALLEL_MODE_MPI -O3 -Wall -march=native -mtune=native -std=c++14 -DTIXML_USE_STL -I./src -I./src/ -I./src/external -I./src/external/zlib -c src/communication/loadBalancer.cpp -o buil
    d/generic/obj/src/communication/loadBalancer.o
    In file included from /home/applications/spack/applications/gcc-4.8.5/gcc-8.2.0-sxbf4jq6ghmoybsjlpqz2dm2qbbxzfyn/include/c++/8.2.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bits/c++config.h:508,
    from /home/applications/spack/applications/gcc-4.8.5/gcc-8.2.0-sxbf4jq6ghmoybsjlpqz2dm2qbbxzfyn/include/c++/8.2.0/bits/stl_algobase.h:59,
    from /home/applications/spack/applications/gcc-4.8.5/gcc-8.2.0-sxbf4jq6ghmoybsjlpqz2dm2qbbxzfyn/include/c++/8.2.0/vector:60,
    from ./src/communication/loadBalancer.h:28,
    from src/communication/loadBalancer.cpp:25:
    /home/applications/spack/applications/gcc-4.8.5/gcc-8.2.0-sxbf4jq6ghmoybsjlpqz2dm2qbbxzfyn/include/c++/8.2.0/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bits/os_defines.h:39:10: fatal error: features.h: No such file or director
    y
    #include <features.h>
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [build/generic/obj/src/communication/loadBalancer.o] Error 1

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Abhijeet C.

Adrian
    Keymaster

Reading through you initial post again – is there a reason for not using the executable you built on the login node also on the compute node? The compilation errer point to e.g. some module missing there that is (probably loaded by default in this case) available on the login node.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.