Skip to content

I can’t run bstep2d

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Souhaila
    Participant

Hello,

i’m new at openlb and i was trying to generate an executable file for bstep2d programm by compiling the pre existing makefile through the command make.
    i got a message telling me that there is nothing to be done for “all”
    can you help me please figure out what is the problem?

thank you

jan
    Participant

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce your problem. I downloaded the version 1.3-1 and unpacked it. Afterward, I used the ‘cd’ command to go to examples/laminar/bstep2d and then used ‘make’.
    Now, bstep2d is compiling in precompiled mode. Could you maybe tell me more about the system and programs you are using? (OS, compiler + version) Additionally, did you change something before you tried to compile the example?

Usually, ‘there is nothing to be done for “all”’ indicates that there is already an executable and that this executable got created after the last source code changes. Is that maybe the case here?

Cheers,
    Jan

Souhaila
    Participant

Thank you for your response,

i checked and i found a file recently generated named bstep2d.d, is that the executable needed?

thank you

mathias
    Keymaster

That is the dependency file. The executable is “bstep2d” — there is no ending. You may execute it by typing “./bstep2d” and return.

Best
    Mathias

Souhaila
    Participant

Thank you for your response

i don’t have this file, i still get the message saying ” there is nothing to be done for all” .i work in Visual machine (ubuntu) installed in windows 7.

i went to a terminal and i tap the command “make” once i’am in the bstep2d file, but i can’t have an executable file.

mathias
    Keymaster

Post the error message and a screenshot of the files availabe after typing “ll”

Souhaila
    Participant

null
    btep2D file screenshot

Hello, thank you again for your help,

Please Find above the links to the screenshots that you asked for.

Bhuttu
    Participant

Hello Souhaila,
    As I can see in the second image that you posted, the first file is the executable file. Now in the terminal just type ./bstep2d and it will execute this file and you should get some output on your terminal.

Best
    Bhuttu

Souhaila
    Participant

thank you

the issue that i have these kinds of files for all the examples ,although i didn’t execute the command make on them, is that normal?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.