Skip to content

implementing BCs on 2D circular boundaries

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics implementing BCs on 2D circular boundaries

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    at8i
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to implement a certain boundary condition on circular boundary in a 2D simulation.
    I should be using Bouzidi it seems but I can’t seem to figure it out.(if a sample is available in the
    examples please let me know! I was not able to find it).

Another question: The code is compiling and the program is simulating and giving me data. But I don’t have data when it comes to avEnergy and it is always showing zero. This is a thermal simulation.
    I think the problem is at coupling but again I can’t seem to find out where the problem is.
    Is there any other reason for this type of error ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear at8i,

we have several examplex using Bouzidi, e.g. cylinder 2d and 3d, as well as aorta3d. Which example are you talking about with the avEnergy=0 problem?

Best
    Mathias

at8i
    Participant

Hey Mathias,
    Maybe I was not clear about my question, we might have a misunderstanding here.
    Examples don’t have a problem.
    This is what happened:
    I changed one of the thermal examples according to my problem and changed the boundaries of the examples into circular ones.
    Now the avEnergy is zero while the code is compiling and running.
    I think my problem has 3 cases:
    1- Boundary condition that I have changed causes all of this. (I changed into Bouzidi based on Cylinder2D) but because it is thermal case, I might be changing something else too. ( I need a 2D circular boundary Bouzidi example for this if possible)
    2- Coupling has a problem. ( I did change it a bit base on one other example, it helped it compile)
    3- I am defining boundary condition incorrectly which is highly unlikely. I have checked it with multiple examples and they all seem to be correct and they function as intended I believe, based on the Paraview showing correct boundaries.

mathias
    Keymaster

So it is hard to help you this way in the forum. I would start with a working example as you did, then change one thing, check if its work and only if it works change the next thing. Best Mathias

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by mathias.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.