Skip to content

Implementing Spinodal decomposition via LBM

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Implementing Spinodal decomposition via LBM

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    syed
    Participant

Dear users, I am trying to set up a simulation for spinodal decomposition in a two-component fluid mixture (A+B). Currently, I a trying to change the rayleigh code into mine. Firstly, how can I output the average composition (density of A-density of B)?
    Secondly, does anyone have a more clear description of how to use OpenLB?

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear syed,

you can output the density of each lattice and see it in paraview. To get started with OpenLB, I recommend the anually spring school.

Best
    Mathias

syed
    Participant

Dear developers, I am confused about what rho0 we are substituting in the forcedshanchengenerator to generate the coupling. This should equal the rho (0.5) I took for fluid component 1. I am confused about the role of rho0 in the coupling generator.

mathias
    Keymaster

That rho0 is used for scalling only.

syed
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. I am still having confusion about the initial density of the system. If I initialize the density of my domain with a particular material number using two Slattices, say Slattice1 (RhoA) and Slattice2 (RhoB) for two components, then the overall density of my system will be the <sum of densities=RhoA+RhoB>, where <> denotes the average from lattice points. Or the density at the lattice point will be the average as <(RhoA+RhoB)/2>.

mathias
    Keymaster

You need to look that up in the actual implementation. It is done as in the original paper of Chen/Shan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.