Skip to content

In which operation should I apply the Bounce back conditions ?

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on Lattice Boltzmann Methods General Topics In which operation should I apply the Bounce back conditions ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bolt

Hi, rnDear all, rnrnI’m simulating the heat transfer in a cavity which contains two heated obstacles, rnMy problem is where should I add the (Thermal) bounce back condition(solid-fluid) in the stream operation or in the collision one, 😕 🙁 rnMore, the LBM Algorithm in oure code is in this order : rnrn1-Initialization rn2-Stream rn3-Boundary conditions rn4-Macroscopic proporties rn5-Collision rnrnWould you mind helping me or advising me please? rnrnrnBest regards,rn

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Bolt,rnrn I would include it in the stream step.rnrnMathias

Bolt

Thank you for your reply Mathias,rnCould you tell me why, please ?rnrnBolt

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Bolt,rnrn The reason is the motivation behind Bounce Back: a particle moving towards the wall, coliding with it and being reflexted. So you can also include it in your step 3. It really depends on how you have implemented your LBM, e.g. if you a working with ghost cells.rnrnMathias

Bolt

Thank you so much Mathias,rnWhen I applied the BB conditions for the Hydrodynamic field,rnThe streamlines that I have finded are not good,rnEspecially, near the obstacle like a thick line (perturbation),rnCould you tell me why, please

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Bolt,rnrn Depending on actual shape of the obstracle Bounce Back might just 1st order accurate. You will get better results if you refine the mesh and a better order with Bouzidi’s boundary conditions. We are currently working on Bouzidi’s boundary conditions.rnrnMathias

Bolt

Thank you so much Mathias,

asalghazal
    Quote:
    Quote from Bolt on August 16, 2012, 17:00rnThank you for your reply Mathias,rnCould you tell me why, please ?rnrnBolt
    mathias
    Keymaster

Have a look at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.1399290 rnrnMathias

GengLiu
    Quote:
    Quote from mathias on August 28, 2012, 05:13rnDear Bolt,rnrn Depending on actual shape of the obstracle Bounce Back might just 1st order accurate. You will get better results if you refine the mesh and a better order with Bouzidi’s boundary conditions. We are currently working on Bouzidi’s boundary conditions.rnrnMathias

rnrnWell, I did not know that you are still using wet bounce back, Mathias. As I told you in Changchun, it should be dry bouceback, or half-way bounceback, proved 2nd order accurate by Ladd el (if I am right). The accuracy depends on how you draw the geometry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.