Skip to content

LBM vs FVM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Vaibhav

Greetings,
    I am learning about LBM and I have specified doubt that, unlike in FVM values of the quantities are stored at each node (Mesh), how in LBM the values are stored? Like temperature at each node is stored, where does LBM stores these value like each lattice or lattice centroid?
    The values of weighting constants in equilibrium distribution functions, how these are decide?
    I know the doubts are pretty naive and sorry for that but I need answers.

Thanks

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Vaibhav,

With LBM, we usually store one or several distribution functions f at each node. From that we compute physical quanteties like the density, pressure, velocity, temerature, stress, … as moments of f. There is theoretical evidence that you get macroskopic equations like Navier-Stokes, convection-diffision, even Maxwell up to a discretization error! Have a look in the standard literature or (and ;-)) come to our next spring school which takes place in Karlsruhe.

Best
    Mathias

Vaibhav

Hi Mathias
    I appreciate your invitation but I am not the one who could possibly afford it. I will be looking forward if any help which will make me to pay and then help me within my range.
    I believe one must pay the cost of something in order to have that particular thing yours. Unfortunately coming there in KIT for ample number of days is not my cup of tea.
    Is there anyway else you could possibly help?
    Because I am not going to stop learning LBM.
    I am afraid only thing happen to me will be, it’ll take more time.
    Thanks.

Vaibhav

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.