Skip to content

Linearly stratified flow past a cylinder

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Linearly stratified flow past a cylinder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alexmine
    Participant

Dear OpenLB community,

I want to simulate linearly stratified flow past a sphere, but I have no idea about how to achieve Linearly stratified flow in OpenLB, in other words, the density of the fluid increases linearly with depth.

Sincerely,
    Alex.

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Alexime,

a good start is to look at our examples, e.g. the cylinder 2d/3d cases and start form there. Both are benchmarks, i.e. they have been validated by comparing them to other results.

Best
    Mathias

Alexmine
    Participant

Dear Mathias,
    Thank you for your reply. In fact, I have written my own program through the case of laminar flow, thanks to the structure of OpenLB is clear and easy to understand. What bothers me now is how to achieve a stable layered fluid flow around the obstacles in the channel. I don’t know how to correctly implement the layered fluid in OpenLB. Given that density is a very sensitive physical quantity for OpenLB, obviously I should not set layered fluid density directly, so what should I do?

Sincerely,
    Alex

mathias
    Keymaster

In about a week we have our next spring school oin Greenwich — please consider coming. That is a good start into LBM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.