Skip to content

Local Refinement for multi-block approach

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Local Refinement for multi-block approach

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Dear OpenLB team,

From OpenLB user guide (Page 45) I checked that local-refinement with sub-grids of different resolution is possible with OpenLB via multi-block approach. And I tried to apply this method when simulating high-Re channel flow but failed. Is there any examples on how to apply local refinement on OpenLB?

I understand how a SuperGeometry and SuperLattice are defined, but the SuperXXX structure seems to conflict with local refinement as I could not find a way to define two cuboidgeometry at the same time?

Really hope for your response.

Best regards,
    Eric

robin.trunk
    Keymaster

Dear Eric,

the description of this multi-block approach serves rather as an introduction to data structures and parallelism. There is no direct object in OpenLB that is refered to at this point.
    The Super and Block structure implemented and described in this chapter is meant to handle the MPI parallelism and therefore still requires a uniform grid. Local grid refinement is therefore a planned feature while some of the required infrastructure already exists or is beeing build, it is still unfinished.

Best
    Robin

Eric
    Participant

Dear Robin,

Thank you very much for your reply! The local grid refinement would be really helpful for strong turbulence computation as high resolution will take quite long computation time. I’m happy to hear that you are now building this feature and I’m looking forward to see this new function!

Best regards,
    Eric

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.