Skip to content

Modify Boundary Conditions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    llestev
    Participant

Hello, everyone

I’m using OpenLB to compare some results to an LBM code I developed also in C++ for a project in university. It’s been a few weeks since I’m having problems to define different boundary conditions. I’m working based in the example cylinder2d. So far, I was able do modify the cylinder to a square (Cuboid2D), which is the obstacle I’m studying and change the domain size. I need to modify the upper and bottom boundary conditions to symmetry (or periodic, so that the domain size does not influence significantly the results), instead of the no-slip wall that is already setted. Also, I’d like to impose a uniform inlet velocity instead of a Poiseuille flow profile. I’ve already tried to figure it out through the openLB user guide, but I’m struggling to make these changes correctly. Can anyone help me on how I could implement these modifications?

I can share the source code if necessary, but as I mentioned before, I’m working based on the ‘cylinder2d’ example.

Thanks in advance,

Lucas Estevam

llestev
    Participant

Hello, again

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to modify these conditions as I mentioned and if so, if there is some sort of material I could look up to?

mathias
    Keymaster

Hi Lucas,

To get started, please, have a look at the other examples and also use the Doxygen documentation. Next spring, we also have a new spring school with a OpenLB software lab.

You may use sysmmetry conditions (=slip) or a perodic set-up. For the latter, there is e.g. the TGV example you can have a look how it is realised. A uniform inlet velecity is easy to set. You can use the “Const” functor, it is used in many example. In the user guide there is a section on the functor concept.

Best
    Mathias

llestev
    Participant

Thank you very much Mathias, I hadn’t used the Doxygen documentation yet and it helped me a lot, I managed to modify the parameters I mentioned before! Thanks again for the help.

All the best,
    Lucas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.