Skip to content

Moving obstacle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greenbee
    Participant

Dear developers and OpenLB community,

My simulation is obstacle movement in still fluid, the grometry was imported via .stl file. The material number corresponding to the surface of the obstacle is 3, and the inside of obstacle is 0(which is hollow,do nothing).
    When I set BouzidiVelocityBoundary for material 3(surface of obstacle), it worked.However,the inside of obstacle (material 0) did’t move at all,then error happened.
    How could I achieve the surface and inside of obstacle move together ?

Best,
    GreenBee.

Adrian
    Keymaster

The Bouzidi BC only models the reconstruction of the missing populations at the boundary, including a velocity correction if necessary (this is what is set up by setBouzidiVelocityBoundary).

In order to have a general moving geometry, an additional refill step to reconstruct the populations of previously solid cells is required. We have various implementations of such refill steps but currently they are not included in the public release. If you want, I can advise you on how to implement a refill step suited to your particular application. Alternatively, I would suggest to take a look at HLBM resp. our resolved particle code. This is a validated FSI approach that is available in the current public release.

Greenbee
    Participant

Dear Adrian,

First of all, thanks for your reply!
    I am very interested in additional refill step to reconstruct the populations of previously solid cells,could you please give me some advice about that? Some example code or main steps may help .

Sincerely,
    GreenBee.

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Greenbee,

using HLBM a refill approach is not needed.

Best
    Mathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.