Skip to content

Multicomponent flow without phase change

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    František Prinz
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to simulate a water jet splashing onto a rectangular metal grid, no phase change occurs, almostly immiscible. Can you recommend me which of the MPMC models is more suitable for this problem? Is the density ratio about 100 a problem for the multicomponent flow ( I read in another article, that for multicomponent multiphase there is the highest density ratio 2, but what about pure multicomponent)?

I am going through the Shan Chen model. I do not understand, where and how to select the densities of both components in the code. I tried it in the defineRhoU() function, but in most cases the simulation diverged. Can you please further explain, how the pseudopotential function PsiEqualsRho works, especially the rho vector inserted in it from above?

I would be very grateful if you can recommend me some articles with multicomponent flow examples, with the selected parmeters too (I tried The Lattice Boltzmann Method from Krüger but the part about multicomponent is not discussed in detail).

Thank you for any advice
    Frank

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Frank,

for a ratio of about 100, I would go for a free surface modell. It noods to be implemented in OpenLB. We are happy to include it in OpenLB if you like.

Best
    Mathias

František Prinz
    Participant

Hi Mathias,

I would like to implement it to openLB but I am not familiar enough with the openLB library. Could anybody from your community be helpful for me if possible?

As a starting point could you refer to any articles where the free surface model is explained?

Thanks
    Frank

mathias
    Keymaster

Please contact me me by my kit email address..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.