Skip to content

Multiphase Solid Liquid Flow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anand
    Participant

Dear Developer,
    I am trying to perform the multiphase solid-liquid flow through the pipe. I am varying the Solid volume concentration, particle size with different flow regimes (Laminar to turbulent).
    I use “example/particles/bifurcation/eulereuler” as a reference.
    Please can you let me know how can I vary the particle volume fraction?
    How can I extract the volume fraction data?

Thank you in advance.
    Regards
    Ananda

FBukreev
    Keymaster

Dear Ananda,

In the eulerEuler bifurcation example You can vary the particle volume fraction by changing the rho1 in the prepareLattice section. Per default there is rho1=1, but you can choose any other value.
    To know the volume fraction in some plane You can use the SuperPlaneIntergralFluxMass3D. The way how it is set up, You can also see in the getResults section in the example. If You want to see the volume fraction distribution in the plane, Paraview is to be used.
    Feel free to ask any other question.

Regards
    Fedor

Anand
    Participant

Dear Fedor,
    Thank you very much for the reply.
    I checked the bifurcation example.
    Can you please confirm about rho1 or rho0?
    How does it relate to the volume fraction, I mean mathematical relation?
    What is the volume fraction in the bifurcation example?

Thank you
    Regards
    Ananda

FBukreev
    Keymaster

Dear Ananda,

rho1 is used as the main density in Navier-Stokes lattice and as inlet density in the transport ADE equation. rho0 is 0 and is starting density in the whole volume of the geometry. Density is in both equations in lattice units. In the ADE equation the density can be seen as lattice volume or mass fraction. This is free to choose for You. You can also take 1 as 30% of real volume fraction and then all results of the simulation must be multiplied by 0,3. Transport equation just distributes the given scalar, it is up to You to choose what for physical sense the lattice density must have. In the bifurcation example this is just volume fraction of 1 that is transported further through the geometry.

Regards
    Fedor

Anand
    Participant

Dear Fedor,
    This is really useful information.
    Thank you
    Regards
    Ananda

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.