Skip to content

Non-Maxwellian customed collision operator

OpenLB – Open Source Lattice Boltzmann Code Forums on OpenLB General Topics Non-Maxwellian customed collision operator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    simoncks1994

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie in Lattice Boltzmann method. We have a system of interest which do not follow normal collision rules and do are not in Maxwellian equilibrium distribution. I suppose I cannot use DnQb due to the non-Maxwellian distribution. Is there anywhere / anything I can start to look into?

Thanks,
    Simon

Leaf

Hi, simoncks1994,
    Are you trying to simulate conduction equation or other special equations? You may refer to Ref.[1]. Though I haven’t check the derivation, there are papers[2] using its design. May it help you.

[1]. Mohamad, A.A., Lattice Boltzmann Method: Fundamentals and Engineering Applications with Computer Codes. Vol. 51. 2011: Springer.
    【1】R. Mcculloch, and H. Bindra, “Coupled Radiative and Conjugate Heat Transfer in Participating Media Using Lattice Boltzmann Methods,” Comput. Fluids, 124, 261-269 (2016).

simoncks1994

Thanks openlb12

I am trying to simulate flow of active material (self-running particles) with special collision rules. Lattice Gas Automata (LGA) provides too little symmetry while normal D2Q9 is in Maxwellian distribution. That’s why I am facing a problem in using Lattice Boltzmann Method (LBM).

Simon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.