Skip to content

Non newtonian fluid flows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ameen.mohd

Hi,rnrnI am Ameen, I am interested in carrying out my research using the LBM method. My work includes liquid – liquid (both non newtonian) laminar flows. rnrnI would like to test my work under different non newtonian models (oldroydB, Carreau etc). Does OpenLB have these models included in them and if not will I be able to modify the code to use these models. rnrnIt would be helpful, if I someone can direct me to what examples I can look into for my case.rnrnThanks and RegardsrnAmeen

mathias
    Keymaster

Dear Ameen,rnrnSo far we have only powerLaw implemented. Since OpenLb is programmed in a very gernic style, it should be possible to extent it.rnrnI would start with a single phase implementation in a channel first. Look at the “”poiseuille2d”” examples and start changing them. rnrnWe will have a spring school in March which could help you to get started.rnrnFurther, feel free to cantact me at info@openlb.net .rnrnBestrnMathias

ameen.mohd

Dear Mathias,rnrnThanks for the help, I’ll definitely look into the example suggested. That would be a good start for me as well.rnrnRegardsrnAmeen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.