Skip to content

Normal Stress/Normal Forces

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sahilbhapkar30
    Participant

Hello,

I want to calculate the normal forces on a surface. Currently, I am using ParaView for the post processing. In the ParaView, I am using the clip function to the surface I want to find out the normal forces. Then I am using the pressure functor and exporting the pressure values on that surface through csv file. Then I am taking a mean of the pressure values and multiplying by the area of the surface to get the normal forces.

Is there any other better method to implement? By this method, I am getting error in the value of the normal force. Like the Wall shear stress functor, is there any other functor from which I can get the normal forces?

Thank you

mathias
    Keymaster

You could directly use the stress tensor functor or implement your functor based on it. Best Mathias

sahilbhapkar30
    Participant

Hello,
    Thank-you for your reply. I did not get you completely.
    There is only wall shear stress functor implemented. I dont have an idea about how to implement my own functor. Could you give some hints?

Thank-you

mathias
    Keymaster

Copy-paste the wall stress functor within the same file, give it a new name, add whatever you want and finally use it. Best Mathias

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.